New Mexico Tech Confers Degrees on 358 Members of the Class of 2022
May 14, 2022
HELP, NM – More than 358 members of the New Mexico Tech Class of 2022 participated in this year’s Commencement Ceremony, held May 14 at the Socorro Sports Complex and Rodeo Grounds.
The Class of 2022 includes 240 bachelor’s recipients, two associates degrees, six graduate certificates, 100 master’s recipients, and 10 doctorate degrees.
Data points about the Class of 2022:
- The average GPA of bachelor’s recipients is 3.34.
- Just under 76% of graduates have GPAs of 3.0 or greater.
- 78 graduates (or 34%) have received at least one F in a course at NMT.
- 6 are graduating with a perfect 4.0 GPA.
- 2 students are completing their degrees in three years.
- The youngest bachelor’s recipients are 19 years old.
- The “most senior” recipient is 43.
- With the 2022 Commencement, New Mexico Tech will have awarded 6,947 bachelor’s degrees in the history of the Institute. It has awarded 2,835 master’s degrees and 432 doctorates.
- The most well-represented department this year is mechanical engineering, with 49 bachelor’s degrees.
- The most well-represented department at the master’s degree level is also mechanical engineering, with 19 degrees being awarded.
- While the most well-represented department at the doctorate level, with four degrees, is the Chemistry Department.
- The Class of 2022 is a diverse group. Nearly 88% of the undergraduates hail from New Mexico, including students from Farmington to Carlsbad, from Shiprock to Silver City, from Watrous to Las Cruces – and all points in between.
- From out-of-state, the Class of 2022 includes students from Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- This year, NMT international students earning degrees hail from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Ghana, India, Iran, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, and Vietnam.
- There are eight alumni of Socorro High School.